Awards & Honors
- In 1990, Windham received the University of Alabama's Society of Fine Arts’ Alabama Arts Award.
- On December 14, 1993, she was awarded the Honorary Degree Doctor of Literature from the University of Montevallo.
- In 1995, Windham was honored as the Selma Rotary Club's Citizen of the Year.
- In 1995, she received the Alabama State Council on the Arts Governor's Arts Awards.
- In 1996, she received the National Storytelling Association's Circle of Excellence Award and Lifetime Achievement Award.
- In 2000, she was selected as one of thirteen artists to represent Alabama as part of "Artists of Alabama 2000."
- In 2000, she received the Alabama Humanities Award.
- On October 4, 2001, Windham was inducted into the University of Alabama College of Communications Hall of Fame.
- On August 18, 2003, she was inducted into the Alabama Academy of Honor, having been nominated by the novelist Harper Lee, also from that state.
- In 2007, Kathryn Tucker Windham was elected and named The International Woman of Distinction by Alpha Delta Kappa International.
- In 2008, Windham was named ABA Citizen of the Year by the Alabama Broadcasters Association.
- In 2009, she received the Alabama Living Legacy Award from the Alabama State Council on the Arts.
"Some people are important to intellectuals, journalists, or politicians, but Kathryn Tucker Windham is probably the only person I know in Alabama who is important to everybody."
–Wayne Flynt, Professor Emeritus in the Department of History at Auburn University.
Ben Windham & Dilcy Windham Hilley
© 2018 - Ben Windham and Dilcy Windham Hilley. All rights to images belong to the artists who created them.
Site by Mike McCracken email@example.com